slightly unravelled

Monday, September 03, 2007

Spring!

February sweater

Here is Elizabeth Zimmerman's February baby sweater from Knitter's Almanac. I used knitpicks Swish superwash. I wanted green buttons but couldn't find the right ones, so I ended up with the multi-colored flower buttons, which surprised me by giving the sweater a nice spring-ish look.

February sweater

The sweater was fun to knit, and I did the sleeves in the round to make the whole thing seamless, which worked very well.

I had a bit of yarn left so I made Saartje's Booties to go with it. They were very quick and easy to make, except for the button loops. I had a hard time getting nice-looking sewn button loops, so eventually made them with just loops of twisted yarn.

Saartjes booties and February sweater

Saartjes booties and February sweater

Saartjes booties and February sweater


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home