slightly unravelled

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sparkle

When I started this purse (2 months ago?) it was intended for a specific event, but then my wardrobe plans changed and the almost-finished bag was cast aside. I just got around to finishing it.

It's really too soft to be a purse -- I want to curl up and cuddle with it. I used two strands of lace-weight baby alpaca (accounting for the softness) and one strand of Rowan Kid Silk Night (accounting for the fuzziness and the sparkle). I sewed it onto a metal frame and added lining (left over fabric from the fake-a-gamo lining). It was very quick to knit, but took much longer to sew onto the frame and sew in the lining.

Clearly it's a bag looking for an occasion, and I'll do my best to find it one. I can't wait to place dainty things into it and take it out on the town!

Sparkle clutch

Sparkle clutch inside

sparkle clutch open

5 Comments:

  • Cute purse, I especially love the lining. What a great job you did.

    By Blogger schrodinger, at 11/11/2006 4:47 PM  

  • Wow that is really classy. It is completely professional!

    I would expect to see something like that in a boutique store. Great job.

    By Blogger Lystessa, at 11/12/2006 5:43 PM  

  • What a great purse!

    By Blogger Annie, at 12/05/2006 11:02 AM  

  • I love that clutch! I must ask, how did you put on the metal frame? I bought one that is a 9" wide metal frame from mjtrim.com and thought that it would have holes for me to sew through. When i got it, all I saw were two tabs hanging down on the sides. Advice is much appreciated.

    By Blogger pins&needles, at 12/11/2006 10:30 PM  

  • Hi pinsandneedles. I don't know how to use a frame like you describe...the one I used did have the holes to sew through. Sorry I can't help, but good luck with it!

    By Blogger erica, at 1/06/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home