slightly unravelled

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Prepster Band





















I made this argyle headband over the weekend. I lifted the argyle chart from this wrist-cuff pattern. I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino (that stuff is soft!) and straight size 3 needles. I would have done it in the round but I didn't want to buy needles for this...I felt silly enough buying yarn for it.

The argyle was fun, and I was relieved that I was able to do it (I was a little worried that I would just be incapable). I'm really slow at it, though!

You can see the floats in this picture. I think my tension was variable, so they're not perfect, but they seem loose enough to accommodate the band's stretch.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home