slightly unravelled

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bruising

I've gone back to working on my Picovoli. I had set it aside at some point because I still couldn't decide if I liked the yarn for it. Then I decided that I really did like it, and I started knitting furiously on it. I thought I would keep going and finish it soon. The yarn was kind of striping a little (er, asymmetrically) and it was a nice effect.

When I started the decreases for the waist, though, of course the striping got messed up. There's some puddling going on. See the spot? I think of it as "the bruise." There's another bruise on the other side.


I tried it on, though, and I actually think it looks okay, at least so far. Who knows what weird things will happen when I do the increases, though. I might end up ripping it all out yet.


In the last few days I've gotten distracted away from the Picovoli again. I started this Artyarns diagonal tank, and I'm really excited about it. This is the front bottom triangle.



I'm having trouble getting a picture that really shows how pretty the colors are. But you can get the idea. I'm using Artyarns Regal Silk in color 123.

The colors are really nice, but since I've started it, I've been thinking that the pattern might look more dramatic with a colorway that has just two colors, instead of a range of about four colors like the 123. When I was picking my yarn, my first instinct was to go with the 101, but for some reason I shied away from it, thinking the 123 would be, I don't know, safer? Now I'm trying to stop myself from gazing at that picture of the 101 and pining away for it and instead focus on the fact that I do really like the 123 (living without regrets is the only way that makes sense, right?). I think the light green shade in the 123 stands out nicely and it's what really makes the yarn work with the pattern.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home