slightly unravelled

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stealth knitting revealed


Here's the "secret project" I was working on. It's the wavy scarf from Knitty in Cascade 220.

I made it as a gift for a friend who is about to move to Australia...not that I'm sure she'll need a scarf in Sydney at all...
I finished it last night and gave it to her today. It was really easy to knit, but required a row counter and reading the pattern at every row, so it was slower to knit than I would have liked. I'm very pleased with it though. I think the wavy pattern is really cool, and the Cascade is soft. Kind of wish I had one for myself.

I couldn't resist trying it on for a picture (and the recipient opted not to model it).

5 Comments:

  • That's REALLY lovely! And your friend will certainly need a scarf in Syndey. In fact, she'll need it sooner than she'd need it if she was staying. Their season are opposite of ours.

    Cheers!
    -Sachi

    By Blogger Sachi, at 3/02/2006 3:59 AM  

  • Nice scarf! I did that one too, and it came out really nice. Your friend will def. need a scarf in Oz.

    Good job!

    By Blogger MUDNYC, at 3/02/2006 4:58 PM  

  • Oh and also, I just started working on the Hourglass Sweater -- are you my knitting twin? I finished up the Branching Out scarf from Knitty most recently...don't tell me you've done that, too???

    By Blogger MUDNYC, at 3/02/2006 5:00 PM  

  • Hmm, no, I haven't made Branching Out, but it looks really nice. I don't think I'm up to it yet, but once I'm ready for it, it looks like a nice starter project for doing lace.
    The one you made looks lovely!

    By Blogger erica, at 3/02/2006 8:57 PM  

  • It was fun to do, but it kicked my a^s^s!!! I'm glad it's done, but I'll probably get sucked into another lace project eventually!

    By Blogger MUDNYC, at 3/02/2006 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home