slightly unravelled

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Audrey

Audrey

Here is Audrey. She's the first thing I made from Louisa Harding's Winter's Muse Classics. I love the way that the sweater is so simple to showcase the cables in the ribbing. I had fun making it, although I made a couple of mistakes and ended up frogging quite a bit...more than once.

I used KnitPicks Andean Treasure, which is 100% baby alpaca. It's incredibly soft and cozy.

There were a couple of firsts for me on this one, including picking up stitches and doing the seams using mattress stitch and actually having them look like they're supposed to.

Audrey's mattress stitch seam

The problem with Audrey, though, is that she has no waist shaping. She's a rectangle. See how in this picture she looks like a man's sweater?

Audrey

But, on the model in the book she fits perfectly.

audrey from Louisa Harding

Maybe it was the pose. I didn't try that pose (and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to stand like that all the time). Mine is a little baggy in the middle.

Audrey

Of course, what I love about the sweater (and isn't showing up very well in these poorly-lit-taken-myself-with-the-camera-timer pictures) is the cabled ribbing.

Audrey's cabled ribbing on back

I bought yarn to make another sweater in the book, Casablanca. It also doesn't have waist-shaping but looks perfect on the model...I think I might have to add some shaping in.

casablanca from Louisa Harding






1 Comments:

  • That top is lovely, but I understand what you mean about the waist shaping. I think it's a great idea to add it to Casablanca.

    By Blogger schrodinger, at 4/29/2007 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home