slightly unravelled

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snail hat

I just finished this cute little "snail" hat from 2 balls of Diakeito Diamusee yarn. I bought the yarn years ago at some sale where I just couldn't resist the beautiful colors, but had no plans for it. I decided to make this hat to show off the pretty color changes, and I think it worked out well.

The pattern is free but in Japanese. It's mostly just a chart (with non-standard symbols, as far as I can tell), but heathermione wrote out the instructions on Ravelry. It's a very simple concept:

Knit a parallelogram:

cute snail hat (before seaming)

Then sew it into a tube and close up the hole at the top. That's where I ran into some trouble...closing up that hole at the top is hard since there's no decreasing first, and mine still has a small hole at the top.

cute snail hat

But I think it's a pretty cute hat, even with the hole. Here's the standard awkwardly-posed self-taken hat photo:

cute snail hat

Ravelry link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home