slightly unravelled

Sunday, January 08, 2006

My hat looks stupid





It's too short. No matter how much I tug it down, it won't cover my ears. And since it's ribbing all the way up, it's too puffy on top. I followed the directions (went 6 inches before decreasing). I was a little worried about it being too short, but there wasn't enough yarn in one skein to add some length. I'm going to have to find someone with a small head to give it to...

Warning: If you receive this pattern in the mail, DON'T make it, unless you want to look like a mushroom.

5 Comments:

  • i think it's gorgeous...unfortunetely no one has ever said I had a small head, so i can't offer to take it off your hands...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2006 2:58 PM  

  • It doesn't look stupid! It's cute.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2006 4:03 PM  

  • It's cute! I really like it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2006 6:56 PM  

  • Looks darling. FYI, I made one (short like yours, no ribs)then decided it was shorter than I wanted (only used 1 skein). I washed it and stretched it longer. Is now longer than I wanted! Rose

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2006 9:51 AM  

  • you could pick up stitches on the ear sides and knit down from there and make it like you other thing .. it would look cool like those skiing hats.. karola

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/09/2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home