slightly unravelled

Saturday, January 07, 2006

My next project will be a hobo bag made out of recycled sari silk. I plan to use this pattern from knitty. Here's my recycled sari silk yarn. It's weird stuff, but the colors are pretty and I LOVE the idea that it's using up little scraps that wouldn't otherwise get used. I might make a belt out of it after the bag...I saw a cool one that someone had made posted somewhere at www.craftster.org.

My yarn came with a sample-pack of banana silk yarn. Of course I also LOVE the idea of yarn being made out of banana fibers. I haven't really played with it yet, but it seems a little weird, and after reading about these experiments with banana silk yarn, I doubt if I'll really be able to use banana silk in a project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home