slightly unravelled

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Crochet project in progress:

I've been working on this one for awhile. Originally it was going to be the privacy wrap from crochetme (I can no longer find the pattern on their website). I don't think I'm going to do the solid ends, though, just lacy for the whole thing. Anyway, you can see the problems I'm having with it. It started out a lot wider than it is now. I had a lot of trouble keeping the rows even; I somehow kept losing stitches on the ends. I've got the width set now, but the first 18 inches or so look awful. And the width now is too narrow for a wrap, and I don't want it to just be a scarf. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it...I'm thinking about adding a section that's perpendicular to make it wider, or maybe trying to block it all to the same width, but I think that will end up looking funny.

It's made with the baby alpaca from knit picks. It's SO soft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home